Thursday, June 4, 2015

Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom

The title of this book is Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom. The genre is non-fiction because it is a true story. The issue of this book is that Mitch's old professor has ALS. This caused them to meet every Tuesday to learn the meaning of life. Somethings he talks about are the world, feeling sorry for yourself, regrets, death, family, money, and marriage. After these conversations, Mitch changes the way he lives his life. I learned that you have to live life to the fullest while you can, always tell people your feelings, and let them know that you forgive them. I learned a lot from Morrie's lessons. On page 82, Morrie tells Mitch “Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.” I liked this book because, yes my mom encouraged me to read it, but I learned that there is more to life than I thought and it was a challenge for me because it is higher than my reading level. I would recommend this book to people who want to learn more about the meaning of life and to people who want to know how it feels to have ALS. I would also recommend this book to people who can relate to how it feels to have a special bond with someone.

Reviewed by Aaron ~ 6th Grade

Lexile 830

No comments:

Post a Comment