Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Survivors: The Empty City by Erin Hunter (Series book 1)

The book that I chose to review is called, The Empty City. It was written by the author with the award winning Warriors series, Erin Hunter. The genre of this book is Fantasy because animals are talking to each other and I’m positive that animals don’t talk. I enjoyed this book because the conflict kept me on my toes with excitement and on the edge of my seat. The Empty City is about Lucky who went through a lot pain and suffering after a big storm that destroyed the pound. Since Lucky was alone, he tries to find his own path for survival. He realizes that no humans are around. Houses are empty and lights were out. To me, it sounds like a ghost town! He then ran into a pack of dogs and saw one dog that looked familiar (not going to say who or how Lucky recognizes that one dog). He then chose to go with them because the pack didn’t know how to do some survival skills and the pack wanted Lucky to teach them. On the way they run into some new friends and also danger but they can handle what’s coming to them. So they go on with their adventure for survival. I learned in this book that survival is hard on you in the world. I recommend this book to anyone who likes adventure and action. Also to anyone who likes Erin Hunter’s other books, this is another outstanding job! If you will want to find out what happens next in their journey, you will have to read the book and the series to find out.

Reviewed by Mark ~ 6th Grade

Lexile 760

No comments:

Post a Comment