Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Thing About Georgie by Lisa Graff

The book I chose is The Thing About Georgie by Lisa Graff. The genre of this book is realistic fiction. I enjoyed this book so much. The book is about a kid name Georgie he is only two feet tall and the kids make fun of him because of his height. In his school they give Georgie lower coat hangers because of his height. His mom is having a baby but he is not happy about it because he knows the baby will be taller then him. In the book one of Georgie's enemies Jeanie which Georgie calls "Jeanie The Meanie" always bothers him in class. She's always poking him on the back and making fun of him. Georgie is friends with Andy, they always hangout and walk dogs after school, but that changes. Georgie is stuck with Jeanie for a project and he can't take it. This book changed the way I was thinking things because there's a lot of people I know that are small and I don't pick on them just because there shorter then most people, nobody should. I would recommend this book to people who like books where you are gonna turn the page to see what happened because I did that a couple of times during this book. You have to read the end to find out what happens because I was a little shocked!

Reviewed by Gabby ~ 6th Grade

Lexile 770

No comments:

Post a Comment