Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury


In 1815 Agnes Wilkins is having her debut. She can speak 10 languages. She is getting ready for a party at Showalter's. Showalter is looking into Agnes' eyes and Agnes is looking into his. He slowly takes his eyes off of her. He welcomes Agnes. Then he goes into a room where there is a mummy. Showalter tells Agnes that she can start unwrapping the mummy. Agnes is hesitating to unwrap the mummy. The people get bored so some start unwrapping even though she hasn't. Soon she finds the courage to unwrap the mummy. People find things. Showalter is looking at what they found. Agnes sees something and unwraps faster. She finds a little metal dog head. She sees Showalter isn't watching so she hides the dog's head in her bodice. Bad things start to happen like a person from the party is killed. They think there is a curse. Do you know who did the damage to the people?

I really thought the book was really interesting. It included many facts that we learned in social studies. I think this is a good book for 6-8 graders because they learned about social studies in 6th grade. It gives them a chance to remember and love the things they learned in the past or now.

Reviewed by Nikola ~ 6th grade

Lexile 860

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book. I think I will really like this book. Thanks for sharing. This book seems like a good mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good book. I want to read this book because I am learning about mummies. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job this book review is wanting to make me read this book. You also described this book very good and I wanted to ask is there a "wrapped" two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No there isn't a wrapped 2. I'm sad too! I glad that you like the book. Mrs. Lopez is getting the book for the library.
      ~Nikola

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a very interesting book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very glad you guys are excided to read the book

    ReplyDelete