Monday, March 2, 2015

I Survived Hurricane Katrina, 2005 by Lauren Tarshis


In the book I Survived Hurricane Katrina, 2005 by Lauren Tarshis a boy named Barry, and Barry's family tries to evacuate before Hurricane Katrina hits their home in New Orleans. But when Barry's little sister gets really sick, they're forced to stay home and wait for the storm to end. It was too late. Overnight the levees break, and now the world is full of destruction the water came into the Tuckers’ home. [SPOILER ALERT] The Tuckers went up into the attic and they stayed there until the dad remembered that there’s an ax that Gramps had put if there is a bad storm. So the dad went to the corner and made a hole with the ax up to the roof. The whole family went up to the roof. They almost had lost Cleo (his sister) because of the wind. Then, they lost Barry because of the wind. He got swept away by the flood waters, and away from his family. Do you think he can survive the storm — alone? The Genre of this book is Historical Fiction. I recommend this book to people who like adventure books and action. I enjoyed the book because it was very entertaining and kept me on the edge of my seat, and I couldn’t put the book down.

Reviewed by Adriana ~ 6th Grade

Lexile 590

No comments:

Post a Comment