Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Raft by S. A. Bodeen

The Raft is a very interesting book, it is the story of teenage girl named Robie who is trapped on a raft in the middle of nowhere. It starts out when the main character Robie flies back to her hometown on a cargo plane. The storms kick up and the winds get rough, the pilot cannot keep the plane in control. Boom! The plane crashes and sinks to the bottom of the ocean. Robie manages to survive, but she doesn't have many resources to do so for long. All she has is a raft, a bag that she manages to retrieve, a survival at sea study guide, and a small cup to bail water out of the raft. With low resources and very little courage, will Robie manage to survive? You will have to read The Raft to find out! 

My Thoughts: This book was outstanding! The story was so detailed and I could understand exactly what she was going through. Whenever I decided "Okay, I really need to put this book down." I pretty much always ended on a cliff hanger. The story had so much suspense and great quality. I would recommend this book to people who like a bit of mystery and realistic fiction. I would absolutely rate this book a five out five star rating. 

Reviewed by Sarah ~ 6th Grade

Lexile 680

No comments:

Post a Comment